Who can get funds?
The Repro Legal Defense Fund can provide support for anyone in the United States facing legal consequences for abortion (self-managed or in-clinic), miscarriage, stillbirth, or other pregnancy outcomes. We can help whether your case is criminal, with child protective services, or immigration.
Prosecutors, police, and investigators often allege things that didn’t happen, or they don’t have all the facts. You may qualify for our fund if you are being accused of any of the below, regardless of the specific charges or whether your court paperwork mentions the words pregnancy or abortion.
- Have been arrested or incarcerated for abortion
- Are being prosecuted for alleged abortion at home or in-clinic
- Are being charged for helping someone get an abortion
- Are being blamed for miscarriage, stillbirth, or other pregnancy outcomes
- Are being accused of substance use or self-harm during pregnancy
- Are being criminalized for surviving intimate partner violence during pregnancy
- Are being prosecuted for birth experiences
- Are facing deportation or removal of their children
- Are a doctor or other health care provider arrested for abortion